Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pre-season Tailgating


Break out the red shirts, the BBQ grills and the coolers!! Chiefs football is here!! Saturday night was the first preseason home game for the KC Chiefs. Ryan and I couldn't wait to hit the stadium and support our team. Getting into Arrowhead was a little more tricky this year. They've got so much construction going on and our usual sneak-in-the-back-way-and-miss-traffic route was closed. Oh no! We had to go in a different gate - and then try to weave our way to our usual parking lot. We tried to go over a grass median - no dice...the drop off was too steep for our VW. If we'd had a truck... We had to ask a nice woman working there how to get to our spot. She didn't know! Apparently the construction has everyone confused! We got as close to our normal spot as possible and set up camp. Chicken kabobs, chips and dip, a few Cuba Libres, gorgous weather...we were in heaven! The guys behind us provided a great tailgating soundtrack. Thanks random boys! The game wasn't nearlyl as successful. We lost to Arizona 17-27. Ugh! Let's hope we're getting those kinks out now...before regular season starts! The kicker of the night...someone stole the lid (just the lid) off of our BBQ grill. Really? Who steals just a lid? I think I would have rather that they took the whole thing. At least then I would know that somewhere, someone was using the grill. Now I just have a useless grill. You sort of need a lid. I guess we're off to find a new grill before the next game.

No comments: