
This past weekend Ryan and I packed up the car and headed to Columbia, MO to watch the MU Tigers take on Kansas State. I'd try to explain the excitement that was buzzing around our house all week....but words really can't describe it.
We've been planning this trip / game / tailgate for months. Our friend Veronica (a fellow black-and-gold-bleeder) and I started talking Mizzou football this past summer. When we'd finally settled on a game (OSU) we called to get tickets. Gone. Sold out. Zilch. Panic set in and we grabbed the first conference game we could get our hands on that still had seats available. K-State it was! And actually...its a good thing we didn't go to the OSU game. The Tigers had a rough game that weekend - the first loss this season. It would have been a sad game to watch.
The down-side to the K-State game? The cold!! Oh. My. Gosh! It was cloudy, windy and only about 43 for the high. But we pushed onward! By 11:30 Ryan, Veronica and I had secured a tailgating spot and were ready to get on with the festivities! We were joined by Chrissy, Brent, Brock, and Joy a short time later. And then Misti and Blaine joined the party. The game wasn't until 6pm (great for tailgating.....not so great for the cold) so we had all afternoon to hang out.
It was cold....but we had plenty of drinks and food, and a canopy with a windscreen (the best $$ I've ever spent). The group next to us supplied music all day and we were pretty content :-)
The game was great! Mizzou won 41 - 24 (and it shouldn't have been that close - Mizzou let K-State score twice in the last few minutes of the game. I hate when they do that!!!). I had a chance to sing all the old Mizzou songs, scream "-ZOU" a thousand times, and see Chase Daniel on Senior Day play his last home game as a Tiger. It was a great day!!!
I wish that I had some pics of the gang from Saturday to post in all our cold weather gear. But it was cold enough that I never actually got my camera out. Here's a pic of Chase leading the Tigers to victory!

1 comment:
Chase is hot! I only wish I was that hot on that chilly Saturday night.
M-I-Z-....
Post a Comment